Ovvi is a rapidly growing developer of innovative technology for the restaurant, hospitality and retail industries. Headquartered in Stafford, TX we specialize in point-of-sale systems and software to meet the needs of almost any business environment. For more information, visit our website: www.ovvihq.com
We are looking for a Software Quality Control Specialist to add to our growing team. We are seeking a talented individual who will implement quality assurance standards for the information technology services, working closely with the technical support and development teams. The Software Quality Control Specialist will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to quickly and carefully design, develop, revise, and execute test cases.
- Implement quality assurance measures and testing standards for new and existing applications and products
- Apply QA best practices to the design, development, and execution of test cases
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality
- Hold test plan case reviews with Ovvi team members
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements, system goals, system compliance, and technical specifications, and identify existing or potential issues
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to Ovvi team members
- Develop and execute manual test cases based on user stories or requirements
- Analyze test results to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and flaws
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ year of experience with implementations, client support, or customer-interfacing preferred
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Experience with source control systems and configuration management
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools
- Strong leadership ability in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment while still maintaining discipline is a must Exceptional analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Good project management skills and or substantial exposure to project-based work structures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Ovvi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Benefits: Healthcare coverage with supplemental dental and vision plans. Eligibility to enter the plan is the first of the month following 90 days of employment.